Looking for good stats to help make the business case for content marketing? Look no further. A compelling list of up-to-date stats was just compiled and published by i-on interactive. It includes several data points from our own research findings and several others from our friends at Aberdeen Group, where some of us previously hung our hat. The list tells the story of content marketing ROI in perhaps the most concise and impactful way possible.
The first five stats (below) should be enough to convert even the most skeptical CMO — not that there are many serious marketers today, particularly within the realm of B2B, who haven’t already allocated a significant (and growing) portion of their budgets to various content marketing initiatives.
- A whopping 93% of B2B organizations rely on content marketing for brand building and demand generation. (Content Marketing Institute)
- Out of all organizations leveraging content marketing programs, 48% say their efforts are resulting in engagement with customers and prospective clients, and 41% are seeing an increase in brand awareness. (MarketingLand)
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times as many leads. (DemandMetric)
- Year-over-year growth in unique site traffic is 7.8x higher for content marketing leaders compared to followers (19.7% vs 2.5%). (Aberdeen Group)
- Website conversion rate is nearly 6x higher for content marketing adopters than non-adopters (2.9% vs 0.5%). (Aberdeen Group)