Account Executives at Starfleet Media are responsible for the strategic development and delivery of company underwriters for Smart Decision Guides and for sales revenue related to the various other marketing services we offer. We are looking for an extraordinary individual to join our small but growing sales team and help take our company to the next level.
This individual should be highly motivated, creative, resourceful, aggressive, and polished in their approach to making the cash register sing. They should have extensive business development experience in B2B marketing services and be able to sell strategically.
The ideal candidate will have a great work ethic and strong sense of integrity. They will have excellent prospecting, follow-up, relationship building and, of course, closing skills. They should also possess outstanding verbal and communication skills (we’re sticklers for good grammar!). They should be confident and comfortable presenting our superior brand-building and demand generation solutions to all levels of management, including chief marketing officers and other senior executives. Finally, they should feel at home working in a fast-paced environment, possess an entrepreneurial spirit and know what it takes to help grow a company that is still in its formative years of development.
This position is located in our downtown Chicago office and reports directly to our COO and VP of Sales.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying company prospects and individual decision makers in specific niche markets
- Managing selling activities in assigned niche markets for new and existing accounts and delivering revenue against monthly, quarterly and annual targets
- Developing accurate sales forecasts and managing prospecting and sales activity within a given competitive landscape (experience with Salesforce.com is a big plus)
- Understanding prospects’ current marketing and lead generation strategies to develop the highest impact plan for adopting Starfleet Media’s proven approach to next-generation content marketing and demand generation
- Working closely with our Director of Customer Satisfaction to ensure that Starfleet Media has fulfilled its contractual obligations and delivered the best customer experience possible to client accounts
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years direct outbound sales experience in a B2B marketing services environment with a strong track record of success in achieving quota – or, better yet, performing beyond expectations
- Significant experience selling brand-building and demand generation services to companies of all sizes and across multiple industry sectors
- Strong passion for client success with the ability to communicate that passion over the phone and in person, as well (some travel is required for this position)
- A great team player who is also self-motivated, diligent, organized and responsible and who possesses a positive attitude, a good sense of humor and who is able to entertain colleagues with clever witticisms from time to time. Measured sarcasm is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or a related field required
This position is base compensation plus commission, with lots of upside potential.
Do you think you may be the right fit for this position? If so, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, please contact our director of recruitment at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.